On October 10, p.m., in the Institute of Social Sciences, took place de Ph.D. viva in Cultural Studies of Alexandre Barbosa Ferreira.
The thesis, supervised by Jean-Martin Rabot, is entitled “Musical Culture and Musicians in the 21st Century: (re) thinking of academic formation in higher education”.
The jury, chaired by Manuel Pinto, was composed of:
– Maria Manuel Rocha Teixeira Baptista, Full Professor, Department of Languages and Cultures, University of Aveiro;
– Moisés Adão de Lemos Martins, Full Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– José Carlos Gaspar Venâncio, Full Professor, Department of Sociology, University of Beira Interior;
– Elisa Maria Maia da Silva Lessa, Associate Professor, Department of Music, Institute of Arts and Humanities, University of Minho;
– Jean-Martin Marie Rabot, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Bart Vanspauwen, postdoctoral researcher, Institute of Ethnomusicology, Center for Studies in Music and Dance, New University of Lisbon.