In the context of the pandemic caused by the new coronavirus COVID-19, the University of Minho activated a Commission for the Elaboration and Management of the Internal Contingency Plan. Having as a reference the guidelines of the National Health Service for human infection with coronavirus, this Plan defines the level response and action of the University to minimize the risks of transmission of that pathogen and will apply to all members of the academic community and those who, for professional or other reasons, visit the University’s premises.
In the current situation of suspension of activities at the University of Minho, the suspension of conferences, seminars, ceremonies, and events of a similar nature throughout the University was also determined (RT-25/2020, of 10 March). In this context, the Communication and Society Research Centre had to cancel the events scheduled for the next few days.
The continuation or not of the suspension/cancellation of other events of a later date will be evaluated according to the evolution of the atypical period that we are experiencing. The rescheduling of activities now unfeasible will also be considered in due course.
We also inform that the CECS Science and Technology Management team remains in office, despite being limited to the current teleworking conditions. Support for CECS researchers will, therefore, be provided via email and structured as follows:
– Isabel Macedo (email@example.com):
– Applications for the Call for IC&DT Projects in all Scientific Domains;
– Project applications within the European Commission and other sources of funding;
– Lusophone Journal of Cultural Studies;
– Comunicação e Sociedade journal.
– Marisa Mourão (firstname.lastname@example.org):
– Editing of books already authorized by the CECS management.
– Ricardina Magalhães (email@example.com):
– Project management;
– Financial/administrative issues;
– Hiring management;
– Applications for PTDC projects.
– Sofia Gomes (firstname.lastname@example.org):
– Communication (website, social networks, weekly email, newsletter);
– Advanced scientific internships;
– Documentation for renewing FCT scholarships;
– Integration processes for new researchers.
For other questions, contact: email@example.com
We, therefore, thank you for your understanding of the limitations of this extraordinary mode of operation. The serenity of all will be essential for us to face this moment with responsibility.