On January 23, at 2:30 pm, in the Institute of Social Sciences, took place the Ph.D. viva in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society of Kamila Bossato Fernandes.
The thesis, supervised by Anabela Carvalho, is entitled “Information and political engagement: the production of meaning in alternative audiovisual journalism in Brazil, Spain and Portugal”.
The jury, chaired by Moisés de Lemos Martins, was composed of:
– Isabel Maria Ribeiro Ferin Cunha, associated professor with aggregation, retired, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Coimbra;
– João Carlos Ferreira Correia, associated professor with aggregation, Department of Communication and Arts, University of Beira Interior;
– Carla Maria dos Santos Filipe Baptista, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
– Silvana Ferreira Mota Ribeiro, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Cecília Maria Krohling Peruzzo, permanent teacher, Postgraduate Program in Communication, Anhembi Morumbi University, Brazil.