On April 29, at 2.30 p.m., in the Institute of Social Sciences, it will take place the Ph.D viva in Communication Sciences of Carlos Alberto Gonçalves Fino.
The thesis, supervised by Madalena Oliveira (University of Minho) and Fernando Oliveira Paulino (University of Brasilia), is entitled “Roots of strangeness: (in)communication between Portugal-Brazil”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Sousa, is composed of:
– José Carlos Venâncio, a professor at the Faculty of Human and Social Sciences of the University Beira Interior;
– Manuel Joaquim da Silva Pinto, a professor at the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, associate professor with the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– Maria Madalena da Costa Oliveira, associate professor at the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– Sylvia Moretzsohn, retired associate professor in the Department of Social Communication of the Federal Fluminense University;
– Carlos Eduardo Esch, associate professor of the Faculty of Communication of the University of Brasília.
This degree is awarded by the University of Minho and the University of Brasilia simultaneously.