On July 15, at 2:00 p.m., in the Institute of Social Sciences, will take place de Ph.D. viva in Cultural Studies of Cassimo Manuel Jamal.
The thesis, supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas, is entitled “Representations of Colonialism in the History School Manuals of the 1st cycle of General Secondary Education in the post-independence period in Mozambique”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Machado, is composed of:
– Maria Paula Gutierrez Meneses, coordinating researcher at the Center for Social Studies, University of Coimbra, PhD in Anthropology, specialist in Postcolonial Studies;
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Sara de Jesus Gomes Pereira, associate professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Francisco Manuel Ferreira de Azevedo Mendes, assistant professor, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Eduardo Jorge da Costa Duque, assistant professor, Faculty of Philosophy and Social Sciences, Catholic University, Regional Center of Braga;
– Sheila Pereira Khan, researcher at the Center for Communication and Society Studies, PhD in Cultural Studies, specialist in Identity Processes and Collective Memory in Mozambique.