The PhD exams in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society of Mariana Scalabrin Müller will take place on March 1, at 3 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas and Dora Santos Silva, has the title “The journalistic coverage of culture in Folha de São Paulo and Público (2012-2018): a cross look between Brazil and Portugal”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Sousa, is composed of:
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Carla Maria dos Santos Filipe Baptista, Associate Professor, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
– João Manuel Messias Canavilhas, Associate Professor, Department of Communication and Arts, Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Beira Interior;
– Ana Carolina Damboriarena Escosteguy, Permanent Professor, Postgraduate Program in Communication, Federal University of Santa Maria, Brazil;
– Sandra Cristina Monteiro Marinho, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Fernando António Dias Zamith Silva, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication and Information Sciences, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Porto.
The tests will take place through the Zoom platform.