The Ph.D. viva in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society, by Sónia Silva, took place on June 22, 2020, at 2:30 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Teresa Ruão and Gisela Gonçalves, has the title “Communicating to be socially responsible: the role of communication in fulfilling the social mission of Portuguese public universities”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Sousa, was composed of:
– Teresa Augusta Ruão Correia Pinto, University of Minho
– Ivone Marília Carinhas Ferreira da Silva, Universidade Nova de Lisboa
– Alexandra Maria Gomes da Costa de Morais Figueira, Lusophone University of Porto
– Sara Teixeira Rego Oliveira Balonas, University of Minho
– Alexandra Maria Fernandes Leandro, Polytechnic Institute of Coimbra
– Isabel María Ruiz-Mora, University of Malaga, Spain.
The tests were transmitted through the Zoom application.