The doctoral exams in Cultural Studies by Ana São José will be held on February 20 (2:30 p.m.), in the ICS (Social Sciences Institute) Sala de Atos of the University of Minho, in Braga. The thesis is supervised by Luís Cunha (University of Minho), and is entitled “Dance and cinema: Brazilian cultural representations in the Atlantis ‘chanchadas’”.
The panel of examiners will be chaired by Moisés de Lemos Martins, a full professor at the Department of Communication Sciences at the University of Minho, representing the ICS president, and is composed of the following members:
– Nelson Zagalo (Senior Lecturer at Communication and Art of University of Aveiro);
– Rosa Cabecinhas (Senior Lecturer at UMinho’s Communication Sciences Department (Institute of Social Sciences), and CECS investigator);
– Luís Cunha (Lecturer at University of Minho, Sociology Department);
– Cláudia Marisa Oliveira (Lecturer at School of Music, Arts and Entertainment of the Polytechnic Institute of Porto);
– Maria Teresa Fabião da Silva Pinto (PhD in Performing Arts at Federal University of Bahia-Brazil)