The doctoral exams of Andreia Maria Durães Gomes, researcher of the CECS, will be held on May 18, at 10:00 am, in the Hall of the Institute of Social Sciences.
The thesis, supervised by Professor Isabel dos Guimarães Sá (CECS) and Professor Nuno Gonçalo Monteiro, is entitled “Town Houses: a process of privatization and luxury consumption in the urban middle classes (Lisbon in the second half of the 18th century and early XIX century)”.
The panel of examiners will be chaired by Helena Sousa, president of the ICS, and is composed of the following members:
– José Viriato Eiras Capela (Full Professor, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho);
– Fernanda Olival (Assistant Professor with Aggregation, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences of University of Évora);
– Jorge Miguel de Melo Viana Pedreira (Assistant Professor, Department of History, NOVA School of Social Sciences and Humanities);
– Nuno Gonçalo Pimenta de Freitas Monteiro (Research Coordinator of the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Lisbon);
– Máximo García Fernández (Full Professor, Department of Modern, Contemporary and American History of the Faculty of Philosophy and Arts of the University of Valladolid).