Brasilino da Costa Godinho defended doctoral exams in Cultural Studies, on July 5, at 2:30 p.m., in the Room of Academic Acts, in the building of the Rectory of the University of Aveiro.
The thesis has the theme “Patriotism, iberism, internationalism in the work of Antero de Quental”.
Highlighting that the memory of Antero de Quental deserves to be “properly preserved and prestigious”, he presented a proposal in which he suggests that the University of the Azores, from where the poet was natural, should be called Antero de Quental University.
The Doctoral Program in Cultural Studies results from a partnership between the CECS (University of Minho) and the University of Aveiro.
The panel of examiners was be chaired by Armando Duarte, representant of UAveiros’s dean, and the following members:
– Moisés Adão de Lemos Martins, Full Lecturer (CECS-Universidade do Minho)
– Ana Catarina Vitorino Da Rocha, Investigator (Centro de Literaturas e Culturas Lusófonas e Europeias)
– José Eduardo Franco, Investigator Coordenador (Universidade Aberta)
– Annabela De Carvalho Vicente Rita, Senior Lecturer (Faculdade de Letras da Universidade de Lisboa)
– Maria Manuel Rocha Teixeira Baptista, Professora Lecturer with Habillation (Universidade de Aveiro)
Photo: Maria João Gala / Global Imagens