On July 20, at 2.30 pm, at the Sedas Nunes Building of the School of Sociology and Public Policies, the doctoral exams in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society of Denise Gomes de Moura took place.
The thesis, supervised by Joana Azevedo, has the title “The social uses of the smartphone by Venezuelan migrants and refugees in Brazil”.
The jury, chaired by Cláudia Álvares, was composed of:
– Cláudia Álvares, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, University Institute of Lisbon;
– Celso Castro, Full Professor, School of Social Sciences, Fundação Getulio Vargas;
– Beatriz Padilla, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, College of Arts and Sciences, University of South Florida;
– Vania Baldi, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication and Art, University of Aveiro;
– Anabela Carvalho, Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Conceição Costa, Associate Professor, Lusófona University of Humanities and Technologies;
– Joana Fonseca França Azevedo, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, University Institute of Lisbon.