The PhD exams in History (speciality Historical Demography), by Gracineide Pereira dos Santos Oliveira, took place on November 6, starting at 2:30 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Carlota Santos, is entitled “Demographic profile of the parishes of Seridó / Rio Grando do Norte – Brazil (1840-1900)”.
The jury, chaired by José Viriato Capela, was composed of:
– Jorge Fernandes Alves, Full Professor, Department of History and Political and International Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Porto;
– Ana Sílvia Volpi Scott, Professor, Department of Demography, Institute of Philosophy and Human Sciences, State University of Campinas – Brazil;
– Maria Marta Lobo de Araújo, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Rui Leandro Alves da Costa Maia, Invited Associate Professor, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, Department of Political and Behavioral Sciences, University Fernando Pessoa;
– Carlota Maria Fernandes dos Santos, Assistant Professor, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Maria de Fátima da Cunha Moura Ferreira, Assistant Professor, Department of History, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho.
The race took place on the Zoom platform.