The doctoral exams in Communication Sciences by Haroldo Silva Capote Filho will be held on December 5 (10:00 a.m.), in the ICS (Social Sciences Institute) Sala de Atos of the University of Minho, in Braga. The thesis is supervised by Moisés de Lemos Martins and Ana Melo (both from University of Minho), and is entitled “Argumentation, symbolic violence and meaning: the emerging Brazilian audience and the advertising discourse between the leap and the ritualized act “.
The panel of examiners will be chaired by the ICS president, Helena Sousa, representing UMinho’s dean, and will be composed of the following members:
– Paulo Serra, Full Professor at Beira Interior University (Faculty of Arts and Letters);
– Moisés de Lemos Martins, Full Professor at UMinho’s Communication Sciences Department (Institute of Social Sciences) and CECS Director;
– Helena Pires, Lecturer at UMinho’s Communication Sciences Department (Institute of Social Sciences) and investigator at CECS;
– Sara Balonas, Lecturer at UMinho’s Communication Sciences Department (Institute of Social Sciences) and investigator at CECS;
– Rui Alexandre Grácio, specialist in the PhD Thesis theme, PHD in Communication Sciences at UMinho;
– Ricardo Ferreira de Freitas, Senior Lecturer at University of Rio de Janeiro State-Brasil (Faculty of Communication)