On July 25, at 10 a.m., the PhD exams in Cultural Studies of Jacob Lussento Cupata took place.
The thesis, supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas and Isabel Macedo, has the title “Representations of the History of Africa in the Angolan educational system”.
The jury, presided by Helena Sousa, was composed of:
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Alberto Manuel Teixeira de Sá, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Sandra Raquel Gonçalves Fernandes, Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology and Education, Portucalense University;
– Julia Alves Brasil, PhD in Cultural Studies, collaborating researcher, Communication and Society Research Centre, University of Minho;
– Elísio Salvado Macamo, Full Professor, Department of Social Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland;
– Helder Pedro Alicerces Bahu, Associate Professor, Instituto Superior de CIências da Educação do Lubango, Angola.