The doctoral exams in Cultural Studies (field of expertise in Communication and Culture) by Julia Alves Brasil will be held on March 6 (2:30 pm), in the ICS (Social Sciences Institute) Sala de Atos of the University of Minho, in Braga. The thesis is supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas, an associate professor in the Department of Communication Sciences at UMinho and a researcher in CECS, and is entitled “Latin America in Focus: Identity Processes and Social Representations between Latin American Migrants and Non-Migrants”.
The panel of examiners will be chaired by the ICS president, Helena Sousa, representing UMinho’s dean, and the following members:
– Joaquim Manuel Pires Valentim, associate professor of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences of the University of Coimbra;
– Maria Eugénia Tavares Pereira, assistant professor of the Department of Languages and Cultures (University of Aveiro);
– Luís Manuel de Jesus Cunha, assistant professor of the Department of Sociology (Institute of Social Sciences) of the UMinho;
– Alberto Manuel Teixeira de Sá, assistant professor of the Department of Communication Sciences (Institute of Social Sciences) of the UMinho;
– Hector Grad, Professor of the Department of Social Anthropology and Spanish Philosophical Thought, Faculty of Philosophy and Letters of the Autonomous University of Madrid.