The PhD exams in Cultural Studies of Pablo Varela Branco took place on July 19, at 2.30 p.m.
The thesis, supervised by José Gabriel Andrade and Carlos Pazos-Justo, is entitled “Brazil in Portugal: the images that the Portuguese virtual media constructs through Brazilian Music”.
The jury, presided by Helena Sousa, was composed by:
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Bart Vanspauwen, Assistant Professor, Institute of Ethnomusicology, Centre for Music and Dance Studies, Universidade NOVA de Lisboa;
– Mário Manuel Lima Matos, Assistant Professor, Department of Germanic and Slavonic Studies, School of Arts, Letters and Human Sciences, University of Minho;
– Carlos Pazos-Justo, Assistant Professor, Department of Romanic Studies, School of Arts, Letters and Human Sciences, University of Minho;
– Carmen Villarino Pardo, Full Professor, Department of Galician Philology, Faculty of Philology, University of Santiago de Compostela.