The PhD viva of Andrea de Almeida Rego in Geography will be held on September 15 at 9.30 a.m., at Sala de Atos of the Institute of Social Sciences.
The thesis, supervised by Ana Francisca Azevedo, Francisco Ferreira and João Sarmento, is entitled Copacabana. Cartografias Cinemáticas de uma Paisagem Cambiante (Copacabana. Cinematic Cartographies of a Changing Landscape).
The jury, chaired by Paula Remoaldo, is composed by:
– João Carlos Vicente Sarmento, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Geography, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– João Luís Jesus Fernandes, Assistant Professor, Department of Geography and Tourism, Faculty of Arts and Humanities of Coimbra, University of Coimbra;
– Luís Filipe Dordio Martinho de Almeida Urbano, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Architecture, University of Porto;
– Luís Miguel Alves de Bessa Moreira, Visiting Professor, Department of Geography, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Maria Helena Braga e Vaz da Costa, Full Professor, Department of Arts, Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte, Natal, Brazil.