The PhD exams in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society of Bárbara Chevallier Cosenza will take place on July 4, at 2.30 p.m.
The thesis, supervised by Anabela Carvalho, is entitled “Amazonia in the international media: agents, discourses and power”.
The jury, presided by Helena Sousa, is composed by:
– Cláudia Álvares, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, School of Sociology and Public Policies, ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa;
– Anabela Simões de Carvalho, Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho.
– Maria Zara Simões Pinto Coelho, Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Maria Luísa de Carvalho de Albuquerque Schmidt, Senior Researcher with Habilitation, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Lisbon;
– Marisa Torres da Silva, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities, New University of Lisbon;
– Mehmet Ali Uzelgun, Integrated Researcher, Institute of Philosophy, Faculty of Social and Human Sciences, New University of Lisbon, and Assistant Professor at the Munazara and Argumentation Ethics Research Center, Ibn Haldun University, Istanbul, Turkey.