The PhD viva in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society of Cláudio Abdo will take place on March 9, at 2:00 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas and Maria José Brites, is entitled “The migratory crisis in Europe: a look at refugees in Braga, Northern Portugal”.
The jury, chaired by Moisés de Lemos Martins, is composed of:
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Olga Guedes Bailey, Associate Professor, Department of Media and Journalism, School of Arts and Humanities, Nottingham Trent University, UK;
– Luís António Martins Santos, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Joana Fonseca França Azevedo, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, School of Sociology and Public Policy, University Institute of Lisbon;
– Carla Preciosa Braga Cerqueira, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Communication, Architecture, Arts and Information Technologies, Universidade Lusófona do Porto;
– Camila Craveiro da Costa Campos e Queiroz, Full Professor, Social Communication, University Center of Goiás, Brazil.
The tests will take place through the Zoom platform.