The PhD viva of Mafalda Alexandra Lobo Pereira in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society will be held on January 22, at 2:30 p.m., in the Institute of Social Sciences.
The thesis, supervised by Helena Sousa and Estrela Serrano, has the title “Economic journalism: the journalistic coverage of the troika’s intervention in Portugal in the national economic press (2011-2014)”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Sousa, is composed of:
– Inês de Oliveira Castilho and Albuquerque Amaral, associate professor in the Department of Philosophy, Communication and Information, Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Coimbra;
– Maria Cláudia Silva Afonso and Álvares, associate professor at the School of Communication, Arts and Information Technology, Lusófona University of Humanities and Technologies;
– João Manuel Messias Canavilhas, associate professor in the Department of Communication and Arts, Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Beira Interior;
– Maria da Estrela Ramos Serrano Caleiro, coordinating researcher at the Communication Institute, Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
– Luís Oliveira Martins, assistant professor in the Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social and Human Sciences, Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
– Joaquim Manuel Martins Fidalgo, assistant professor in the Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho.