The PhD exams in Communication Studies: Technology, Culture and Society by Marina Gomes de Oliveira Polo will take place on May 20, at 2:30 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Helena Sousa, has the title “Ideology, discourse and the Internet: an analysis of parliamentary speeches on net neutrality, in Portugal and Brazil (2006-2019)”.
The jury, chaired by Moisés de Lemos Martins, is composed of:
– Maria Helena Costa de Carvalho e Sousa, Full Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Cláudia Álvares, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, University Institute of Lisbon;
– Anabela Simões de Carvalho, Associate Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– João Manuel Messias Canavilhas, Associate Professor, Department of Communication, Philosophy and Politics, Faculty of Arts and Letters, University of Beira Interior;
– André do Couto Sendin, Coordinating Professor, School of Social Communication;
– Helena Martins do Rêgo Barreto, 3rd-grade teacher, Institute of Culture and Art, Federal University of Ceará.
The tests will take place through the Zoom platform.