On July 26, at 2.30 p.m., at Sala de Atos of the Institute of Social Sciences, the PhD exams in Communication Sciences of Niranjan Sapkota will take place.
The thesis, supervised by Rosa Cabecinhas, has the title “Ethnic Minorities and Dalits in the News. An analysis of Nepalese mainstream print media”.
The jury, presided by Helena Sousa, is composed by:
– Maria Rosa Soares Pedrosa Cabecinhas, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Maria José Lisboa Brites de Azeredo, Associate Professor, School of Communication, Architecture, Arts and Information Technologies, Lusófona University, Porto;
– Luís Miguel Nunes da Silva Loureiro, Assistant Professor, Department of Communication Sciences, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Paula Alexandra Lobo Martins Ramalhão, Visiting Assistant Professor, School of Education, Universidade Lusófona do Porto;
– Ivo Emanuel Campos Machado Neto, Guest Professor, Department of Communication Sciences and Information Technologies, University of Maia – ISMAI;
– Isabel Moreira Macedo, PhD in Cultural Studies, Researcher at the Communication and Society Research Centre, University of Minho.