On June 4, at 2:30 p.m., in the Institute of Social Sciences, took place the Ph.D. viva in Cultural Studies of Rui Manuel Gomes Ferreira.
The thesis, directed by Miguel Bandeira and Moisés Martins, has the title “The public ceremonies (privates) and the solemnities of Holy Week of Braga”.
The jury, chaired by Helena Sousa, was composed of:
– Maria Manuel Rocha Teixeira Baptista, professor at the Department of Languages and Cultures at the University of Aveiro;
– Manuel Joaquim da Silva Pinto, professor at the Department of Communication Sciences of the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– Miguel Sopas de Melo Bandeira, associate professor with aggregation at the Department of Geography of the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– José Paulo Leite de Abreu, associate professor of the Faculty of Theology of the Portuguese Catholic University – Regional Centre of Braga;
– António Joaquim Brito Figueiroa Jardim Costa, assistant professor of the Department of Sociology of the Institute of Social Sciences of the University of Minho;
– Paulo Jorge Soares Mendes Pinto, a specialist and guest assistant professor at the Faculty of Social and Human Sciences of the Lusófona University of Humanities and Technologies of Lisbon.