The PhD exams in Sociology of Sara Margarida Silva Matos, took place on December 18, starting at 2:00 pm.
The thesis, supervised by Helena Machado, is entitled “Watch and/or protect?: Challenges of protecting genetic data in the fight against crime under the Prüm system”.
The jury, chaired by Paula Remoaldo, was composed of:
– Helena Cristina Ferreira Machado, Full Professor, Department of Sociology, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Maria Eduarda Barroso Gonçalves, Full Professor, Autonomous Section of Law, ISCTE – Instituto Universitário de Lisboa;
– Emília Rodrigues Araújo, Assistant Professor with Aggregation, Department of Sociology, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Susana Manuela Ribeiro Dias da Silva, Invited Assistant Professor, Department of Public Health and Forensic Sciences, and Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of Porto;
– José Luiz de Amorim Ratton Júnior, Coordinating Professor, Department of Sociology, Federal University of Pernambuco – Brazil.
The exams took place on the Zoom platform.