To reflect on the sound experience and the expressive power of sound is the main goal of the first volume for 2018 of the Revista Lusófona de Estudos Culturais / Lusophone Journal of Cultural Studies. The cal is open until 30th November 2017.
Edited by Madalena Oliveira, Pedro Portela and Eduardo Vicente, this volume shall accept proposals falling under any of the following topics:
– Music and culture: semiotics of music, musicology, ethnomusicology, anthropology of music;
– Sound tourism: touristic spaces sonorities, soundscapes, sounds and cities, sound maps;
– Sound art: sound and aesthetics, sound museology, sound poetry, sound installations, sound effects;
– Sound and memory: oral history, imaginative capacity of sound, endangered sounds, sound and emotion;
– Architecture and sound: sound configurations of spaces, sound environment, acoustic ergonomics, sound and decoration;
– Sound literacy: listening culture, sound and pedagogy, sound and cognition, ways of listening;
– Radio and sound: radio language, expressive resources, radio and sound history, sound narrative;
– Cinema and sound: sound edition, sound and action, soundtracks, narrative functions of sound;
– Sound marketing: the sound of brands; advertising and sound; audio logos; voices and products sound identities;
– Sound and the internet: new sound formats, social networks and sound, podcasts, sound and hypertextuality.