The PhD viva of Susana Amaral in Sociology was held on February 6, at 10 am, at Sala de Atos of the Institute of Social Sciences.
The thesis, supervised by Ana Paula Marques, has the title Crise de Oportunidades e Novas Configurações da Emigração Portuguesa: O Caso dos Profissionais Altamente Qualificados (Crisis of Opportunities and New Configurations of Portuguese Emigration: The Case of Highly Qualified Professionals).
The jury, presided by Paula Remoaldo, was composed of:
– Hermes Augusto Costa, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra;
– Ana Paula Pereira Marques, Associate Professor with Aggregation, Department of Sociology, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– José Carlos Laranjo Marques, Principal Coordinating Professor, Department of Social Sciences, School of Education and Social Sciences, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria;
– Rita Maria Gonçalves Ribeiro, Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Institute of Social Sciences, University of Minho;
– Thais França da Silva, Integrated Researcher, Centre for Research and Studies in Sociology, Institute of Labour and Enterprise Sciences, University Institute of Lisbon.